September has been full of many accomplishments that did not come easy, and it is because of you (supporters!) that I have been able to keep going. Working full-time in Manhattan is enough stress, but coupled with moving, finishing the book, conducting events and applying to grants for 2017 — I’ve never been so tired and so happy at once! It is easy to get discouraged by the pessimism and difficulties of life, and I am very grateful for the incredible kindness you’ve all shown to me over the last year in getting this project off the ground.
Here are a few things we accomplished this month;
- The book is now available on preorder, on Amazon, Nook, iTunes and other formats.
- T manuscript is currently being formatted, and will be available November 1 for download!
- Besides completing our reading series in Milwaukie, Oregon, we have booked up a few events in October through December in Brooklyn, New York! If you are interested in photographing any of the events, or in booking an event at your organization or meeting, please let me know!
- A video recording of the first two sessions in Oregon on September 17-18, 2016 are now available to view on the website.
- I was interviewed by the Portland Tribune, a local newspaper that most Portlandians read on the daily — offering great outreach and educational opportunities about Palestinian culture, arts and the diaspora. I have an upcoming interview with Nadia at the Palestinian Podcast in October, that I am very much looking forward to!
- For those that donated $50 or more to the Indiegogo campaign, please confirm by signing up here if you’d still like a free download of the book.
As we bid our summer season farewell, I wish you all the most delicious cup of tea to warm you during the upcoming fall months.